Thursday, July 18, 2013

Life is short........and sweet......

This morning I woke at roughly 5:15AM. Lastnight I fell asleep on the couch, fairly early for me, without a blanket or anything! When my eyes popped open I realized I was FREEZING cold. And my neck was stiff. And I was still quite tired. But then I remembered...I am alive to feel all of those things. How lucky am I?

It's now 7:45AM and I am still awake. I will be for the day. I have already cried, and read the blog of a local gal who just passed away after a long courageous battle. I have never met her, though I feel like I know her just from reading her blog. She was amazing. Funny and witty and real. And beautiful. And her family is incredible too.

Knowing that she has passed on now has brought me an overwhelming number of emotions. I have cried. I have felt anger. I have felt desperate to do something for her loved ones. I never even met her and am not sure why I feel so connected.......it's either stalker-ish or she was just that amazing. :)

None-the-less, I am reminded this morning of how precious life is. And how short. And how fast it can change. The time has come for me to live each day to the fullest. Stop procrastinating. Make sure my loved ones know they are loved. Remove people from my life who continue to hurt me and leave me feeling used and abused. Connect with friends near and afar who leave me feeling loved and content. Enjoy my son, who is now a man. Love my husband like it's my last day to do so. Live.

As of today, this is my blog. My other one no longer exists. I had been avoiding documenting my own life on said blog, for personal reasons and today that stops. In a way, I feel like life is starting today.

Thanks Geneva, for sharing your journey and touching my soul. I have a surprise for you too, now. And I promise to make better choices and live life to the fullest. You are one awesome soul...

RIP beautiful. And give my pops a hug for me, OK?

The sun is shining. The birds are chirping. And I have much to do today!

I hope that you will join me on my journey, through life :)

Until next time, hug your loved ones and play safe!!

xox

~*~The Broad who wants to blog about everything~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! And even more thanks for your comments :)